Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So tired...



Does anyone feel like me today? I've wrestled loads of laundry, gone to the dentist, made chocolate chip cookies, helped do homework, rushed mini#1 off to church, taken mini#2 to Target to buy a birthday party present, picked mini#1 up, rushed through baths and read a chapter of Judy Blume's Superfudge to mini#1 by 9:15. Oh and I had mega cramps for the 2nd half of these tasks. And, I may or may not have eaten a lot of those cookies I made during mini#2's nap. While I'm feeling a little worn out, may I just continue this whiny post to list a few things I'm tired of hearing about:


1- The gas prices. Why make us more agitated by talking about it every time I turn on the TV.


2- This election. Momx2 made a great comment. Do we all have to suffer through this another 7 months? Can we move the election up to June 1st and just be done with it already?


3- Hearing sad stories on the news. Today a college junior from my Alma mater was arrested for DWI after hitting a woman on a bicycle this morning. It's his 21st birthday today so I'm sure he had been celebrating last night and made the wrong decision to drive. I just heard this woman has died. So sad for both families involved. This will occupy my thoughts for several days. That's how I am.


4- The FLDS cult and children in Eldorado, TX. Can you say sick? All those kids and so few mothers and even fewer fathers. Yuck. This lifestyle is a horrible injustice to these kids. I would hate for them to be separated from the mothers they know, but honestly, would that be a bad thing in the long run? They deserve a chance to thrive and to stop this insanity.


Ok, I feel a little better...I promise to be a happier person tomorrow! Must be a touch of the mid-week blahs...

5 comments:

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I am so with you on this post...can I run away for a quiet day?

WSU Laura said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I now don't watch the news because I am fed-up with all of it. Hope your day gets better.

Tippy said...

Now I want chocolate chip cookies... thanks a lot, Pink!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Glad I'm not alone with all this stuff! Everyone go get a cookie. It made me feel better!

The Mrs. said...

I am with you on all counts. The cult life for kids is no life at all. It is so sad.