Monday, October 31, 2011
Saturday, October 29, 2011
After dinner (about 10:15) we moved to the Bleau Bar (pictured above) in the hotel's main lobby. We met a lot of fun people, some of which were there as part of a convention. The crowd was gathering and awaiting the opening of LIV, the main nightclub that opened at 11. Later I learned this was voted the #2 nightclub in the world last summer! Stars and atheletes pay high dollar to buy tables and bottles at this club. We settled for a high cover charge, expensive drinks and standing room only! We met a couple from Texas also celebrating their anniversary so they became our new friends. It was such a fun experience. This club was hoppin and we were so surprised when Foster the People took the stage at about 1:30 a.m. My kids and I always sing along to their song "Pumped Up Kicks" so I had to quickly find my camera so I could record it to show them later. I was so close to the stage, too! After they played confetti fell like a snow storm from the ceiling.We left around 3:00 a.m. but that place stays open until 5 I believe! It was a memorable anniversary to say the least!
And we met up with our new "club" friends the next night at Joe's Stone Crab restaurant in South Beach. No, it's not the chain Joe's Crab Shack as my mom thought! We stepped out of our cab to see a Rolls Royce, Astin Martin and a few Porsches flanking the curb in front of the door! It's a favorite in South Beach. Stone crabs just came back "in season". Joe's cracks them for you and serves them with a mustard sauce (but I had drawn butter!). And we saved room for their key lime pie. Oh so yummy!! All of us late night party people got to bed much earlier this night.
Sunday we slept in, hit the hotel gym, got out on the beach and then shopped/dined in South Beach. We both hated it when Monday came and we had to go home and back to the craziness called parenthood! But we sure enjoyed a fun weekend being without kiddos. And because we are back that's why it's taken several days to get this posted!
Enjoy your weekend! We're off to a costume party tonight.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
Saw this on FB. Made me laugh!
Happy Friday to all!!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Things I noticed and wonder if you have a comment or two:
1) Dana is such a label dropper: Valentino shorts..." I hope I don't fall in my Fendis." Like Camille said in another episode...those with money don't feel the need to express how much they paid for something. Dana- stop trying so hard to impress. Are you even an official housewife??
2) Brandi is killing me. No filter on that mouth and she doesn't back down when threatened! And, last week, why didn't she get up and scold her son for relieving himself at a party on Adrienne's lawn? I agree with Kyle on that, but I love Kyle (and I'll forget how mean girl you were acting last night).
3) What the heck is up with Kim? Is it alcohol? Is it pills? I must say, whatever it is, I'm enjoying her more this season. (I'm so bad.)
4) Lisa- loved that you got in the kitchen and prepared dinner for your guests. However, that is some princess chair you sit in at the head of your table while your husband sits quietly to the side. Poor guy wasn't even allowed to toast his daughter and future son-in-law when they announced their engagement. He just signs the checks I believe.
5) Who's left? Taylor. Eat a sandwich. Or two. She was tolerable last night though. So was Camille.
Love this show!
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
View of Cold Mountain of book and Hollywood movie fame...
Yes, this is one pair of shoes that got soaked- but they had fun being boys!
Post white water rafting. I could not feel my feet at this point. Still numb from cold water. However, the air temperature was still warm so we didn't freeze for the 2 hour ride- just feet!