Friday, April 4, 2008

Crafts/Summer finds

I thought I'd try a few crafts this week. I love all those cute painted wooden frames I see in specialty gift shops. I always say, "I can do that." So I tried. I bought plain wooden frames for $1 each at Michael's and painted them. The baseball mitt was pre-painted. I got that for $.49, also from Michael's. Not the greatest results, but a good start.







Yesterday, before we met Mr. Pink for lunch, the minis and I ran into TJ Maxx. I found the following. Now I love madras for the kids. Not so sure about this dress for me. It was next to the bathing suits. I think it's supposed to be a bathing suit cover-up, but it's lined so don't know. Nonetheless, it will be a cool dress for summer and I'll probably add a cardigan so not soooo much madras. I love the navy polka dot Tommy Hilfiger flip flops. I bought some similar brown ones last year and they were super comfortable. I needed navy.



Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Tippy said...

Super cute dress and flip-flops are never a bad idea. Never.

The Mrs. said...

Those are adorable. Impressed you found madras at TJ's!!!

Belle said...

I love the dress and the flip flops. Madras is so classic. It looks good on everyone. I have soooooo many flip flops. Actually, I wear them with everything in the summer. Dresses, skirts, shorts, bathing suits.... anything!

Belle said...

The frames are adorable, too!

WSU Laura said...

Great job on the frames, you have inspired me to try my hand at the baseball one. Love the dress, and well I am a flip flop junkie so I think those are very cute too.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE it! Very southern! A must wear for this summer, especially at the beach :)