Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fun Music to keep us sane

As you know my mother in law is staying with us as she recovers from surgery. It was been a little hectic since Saturday to say the least. I'll bet very few of you can flush a feeding tube or set one up at night. I can. Luckily, she eats normally during the day. I feel part nurse, maid, short order cook, mom, and wife. A lot of hats to wear at once. This morning, as I gave her her meds upstairs, mini#2 seized the opportunity to indulge in peanut butter downstairs. When I came down I found him sitting on our dining room floor quietly spooning that peanut-y goodness into his mouth. He did, at least, have sense enough to actually grab a spoon and not use his fingers. He looked at me and said "mmm. delicious." I asked him "Do you want some jelly with that?" I'm trying not to lose my sanity these days.


Anyway, I wanted to pass along a fun cd I ordered from Amazon. I love jazz or jazzy music, mainly of the newer generations (love Diana Krall/Soul Ballet/Micheal Buble'). However, you can't go wrong with the true golden jazz dating back to Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald. I want the minis to embrace all types of music so we listen to just about anything around here. Now, back to this cd. It's called: Jazz for Kids: Sing, Clap, Wiggle and Shake. Ella Fitzgerald sings up tempo versions of "Old MacDonald" and "The Muffin Man" and Louis Armstrong closes the cd with his famous "What a Wonderful World." Mini#2 personally enjoys "Potato Chips" where the artist sings about not wanting lunch. All he wants is potato chips. Crunch. Crunch. It's cute. His other favorite is "Yes, We Have no Bananas." It makes me smile when I catch mini#2 singing it throughout the day. I personally love "Ain't Nobody Here but us Chickens," a chickens' response to their farmer. So that's my review. If you're looking for new preschool music for the car/house, I recommend this one. I think you'll like it, too.

3 comments:

Belle said...

I can't imagine what you're going through right now. You're right, that's a lot of hats. I hope your MIL knows what a great DIL she has. Good luck with everything! The CD sounds precious. I love jazz. Have a great day!

The Mrs. said...

This sounds really great I'll have to get it!

Meredith said...

The cd sounds like a lot fun. My oldest is just starting to really like music, and I find him making up little tunes or singing random ones like "We Will Rock You!" :) We may have to give the jazz a try.

Hang in there! Sounds like you are doing an amazing job with all of your "hats".