Monday, August 10, 2009

Shopping


I have been a shopping crazy lady lately. Well, not too crazy, but definitely a smart shopper these days. This weekend I took advantage of our tax-free weekend in NC and, coupons in hand, stocked up on jeans for everyone, long sleeve t-shirts, hoodies, cargo pants and one cheap watch from GAP that broke within hours of returning home. Mini#1 suckered me into it. I don't particularly enjoy shopping for winter clothes when it's 101 degrees out, but feel good about the deals I got with no tax added and using my coupons. You see it makes me feel a whole lot better about buying myself two new pairs of shoes today after tax-free weekend. One is the cutest pair of Michael Kors flats and at least I had a $5 coupon off for that store as well. And I am having mini#1 wrap this pair up to give me on my birthday this weekend. Won't Mr. Pink be so surprised? I'm so clever.
And speaking of shoes, I bought mini#2 his first pair of soccer cleats today (real objective of today's shopping). He is so proud of them and looks very cute in them. I can't wait to see him take the field and hog the ball and cry when others don't share and ask for snacks constantly. Mark my words. This. will. happen. Ahh, good times. Really though. I'm looking forward to it as much as he is. I've held him off 4 1/2 years. Let his games begin!
Stay cool. I need a popsicle.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

lol, enjoy soccer season! My son is 5 1/2 and his favorite part of the game is snack time!

The Mrs. said...

I could shop for anything. Maybe that's my problem!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Sounds like some great back to school finds!