- My dad did not hold me until I was 7 days old (in our driveway) when they brought me home. No daddies in the delivery room and apparently no holding allowed either.
- This week in 1970, the #1 song was "Close to You" by The Carpenters.
- Sesame Street premiered on PBS 2 months after I was born.
- Nobody had infant car seats! Can you imagine?
- Breastfeeding was "out"!
- No baby monitors, no boppys, no collapsible multi-use strollers.
- I slept on my stomach all night, every night and I'm here to write about it.
- I wore cloth diapers, before it was a "statement". It was the only choice!
- My poor pregnant mom drove a blue Volkswagon Bug throughout the hot summer with NO AIR CONDITIONING!
Some people I share a Birthday with:
- Julia Child
-Tom Colicchio (Top Chef)
-Princess Ann of England (always thought that was cool growing up)
-Kerri Walsh (Olympic Volleyball player/medalist)
- Joe Jonas of the Jonas Bros. (turns a young 20 today!!)
Ok, I'm off to enjoy my day. A mani/pedi and then out to dinner later. Have a great weekend!