Wednesday, August 26, 2009

No, that's not candy!

Mini#2 and I just returned from a little shopping adventure at the mall. It's always an adventure with him. I even dug the umbrella stroller out of the garage that hadn't been used in months. I anticipated whines such as "Carry me. I'm tired." He was very glad to ride in his almost forgotten stroller! What a difference a year makes. Last year he begged to get out of the stroller. Today I let him out for brief periods and when we left a store he happily buckled himself back into his chariot! Perfect.

What I didn't anticipate was his never satisfied tummy. I only packed half a sleeve of Ritz crackers and a juice box as we rushed out of the house. He finished that promptly and, while I was in a sea of denim in the Gap's dressing room, he decided he'd look for candy in my purse. I told him "There is no candy in there." He and his brother eat every mint or stick of gum before it even has a chance to get comfortable in my bag! So imagine my surprise when I'm pulling off jeans and he says, "Yes, there is!" while holding up a tampon! Good grief! I was shocked and amused at the same time as I quickly took it out of his hand and told him that is for mommies only and it's not candy. Luckily, he let it drop and didn't ask further questions. Gotta love boys!

2 comments:

Preppy Mama said...

oh that is priceless!!

Kristen said...

lol, seems like that stuff only happens in movies or comics! lol