Friday, March 20, 2009

Road Trip

By the time you read this mini#1 and I will be headed to Washington, DC for the weekend. After all that has gone on with us this year, I decided this would be a fun thing to do to reconnect with him. We can do activities more on his level without the interference (and whining!) of mini#2. We'll also see my brother who lives there for another 3 weeks anyway. He's off to Bosnia in April for a 2 yr assignment. Mini#2 and Mr. Pink have mulch to place and a baseball game to go to here at home. I'm looking forward to this trip. He and I have good conversations when we're alone plus,after being home from school 2 weeks (tracked out), we're ready for a getaway. I'll be back next week. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Mom x 2 said...

Have a blast, Pink!

♥SMS♥ said...

Have a great, safe trip!!

Mags said...

Have a great trip! I live near DC, and have recently been taken my 3 kids into the city to take advantage of all it has to offer.

cancersucks said...

What a great idea. I love spending one on one special times with the kids. The best! I hope it warms up for you. We were in our ski jackets here in PA 45 degrees waiting for our free rita's water ice. Insane!

Belle in Bloom said...

Hope you had a great time! It sounds wonderful.

Have a great day!
Belle