Monday, February 23, 2009

Misc Monday



Last night was so much fun catching up with an old friend. Her dating antics kept my other friend and I laughing all night. Prior to dinner we saw The Reader and I was thoroughly moved. Several times I felt the tears springing to my eyes, but I blame PMS for some of that. Yes, I am allowed to say I have PMS, but no one else, read as Mr. Pink. Kate Winslet deserved her Oscar and wasn't her speech so gracious and unpretentious? She looked so beautiful, too. I was glad she won, but my friend and I agree she is due to be in a romantic comedy this year. Her last two were UBER serious!! Then again she didn't get any Oscar nods for The Holiday which definitely falls under "chick flick" category.



Saturday and Saturday night were dedicated to cub scouts. Saturday a.m. I had to supervise mini#1 baking a cake for his Blue/Gold award banquet that night. Whoa- he needs practice on cracking eggs and two minutes with a mixer seemed like an hour to him. Nonetheless, he and Mr. Pink crafted a scouting tent and campfire out of sugar and various pantry items. The results gained him a 2nd place award at the banquet in the "scouting" category. He was really proud. It was a fun night! He's officially a wolf cub now thanks to his hard work and Mr. Pink helping him earn his achievements. Here he is with cake and award. Hope all had a nice weekend!

4 comments:

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

He looks so proud!!:)

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

?? for you........

How is the book you are reading...please do a review when you're finished!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!!!:)

Tippy said...

SO cute!!

WSU Laura said...

What a great cake!I can see why he got a ribbon it is fantastic. We have our banquet tomorrow night. Let the baking begin. Thanks for the comment regarding that Mom, oh the stories I could tell you about her. YIKES!