Friday, June 27, 2008

It's Friday!


Last night I went to see the French film, Priceless, with my movie buddy and college roommate.
It was a fun movie, but this actress, Audrey Tautou, (starred in Amelie) is seriously too skinny! The scenery in Cannes was beautiful though. Made me want to pack my bags and hop on a plane there today! I love foreign films. They don't ever live up to Hollywood standards and they don't seem to care! Foreign films, for the most part, are just enjoyable fun that too many people overlook. I think it's the subtitles that scare most people away. French films especially have additional benefits to me. They help me brush up on my French. I need a lot of brushing up though! Anyway fun time and, before the movie, we went to a yummy Italian "Thursday nite hot spot". We tried a RED prosecco with our meal. It was cool, refreshing, different and it stained our lips and teeth! We looked like mini#2 after he got into magic markers a few months ago.

It looks like we're off to the beach for a few days. Mr. Pink's uncle has offered us his beach house for a few days (FREE!) so I've got to get back to packing so we can leave tomorrow. Two weekends away. What a treat! Have a nice weekend!

5 comments:

Tippy said...

Oooh, I'll have to put that on my list. I love foreign films - I think I actually enjoy subtitles. If you like French films, you should rent The Dinner Game. It's very funny!

Have a great beach vacay - what a nice (free!) treat!

Belle said...

Have a great trip! Two weekends away? I'm jealous. ;)

Preppy Mama said...

Have a great trip!!

Kristen said...

I love foreign films too - there is a roughness about them that I find amusing.

Have a wonderful trip - 2 weekends away, I might faint if it were me!

The Mrs. said...

Have a fabulous time!!!!! I like foreign films sometimes, they can really take you away!!