Friday, June 13, 2008

Five Random Things on Friday



1- I just read that Mr. Brit has moved out of Shayne's LA apartment, but "they are still engaged". Hmm. Seems like trouble may be brewing in paradise.


2-Is anyone else worried about the state of our country? We have had extreme heat, severe flooding, terrible tornadoes and forest fires lately. This is disturbing to me! We had to stay inside yesterday because smoke from fires 4 hours away had blown into our area!


3-Does anyone know a good way to stop a three year old from crying over just about anything that doesn't go his way? We've now started taking toys away. Helps a little.


4- I'm off to the pool today with a friend and her daughter. This should keep the minis happy for a nice chunk of the day. I will apply extra sunscreen to all of us!


5- I finally saw this movie last Sunday evening with friends. I didn't want it to end, but did anyone else miss "Big"? I thought he'd have a bigger role. Also, I could have done without the Jennifer Hudson role. Why bring a new character into the mix?
Have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

justme said...

satc- i enjoyed it, but yes the jennifer hudson part seemed contrived. but some of the parts with the girls were so right on spot.

Tippy said...

On #1: I TOLD you! That wasn't going to last 5 minutes!

On #2: It's called global climate change. Unfortunately it's a misnomer to call it Global Warming because some doofus in Chicago when it's 40 degrees in June will say something idiotic like, "Looks like those global warming nuts don't live in Chicago - it's freezing outside!" We are going to be seeing more and more extreme weather in the coming years.

On #3, it sounds like you're doing a good thing - consequences are good. Timemouts also worked a lot on my oldest.

On #4: that sounds heavenly!

On #5: I totally agree with everything you wrote. I was disappointed there wasn't more Big.

Have a great weekend!

Tippy said...

By the way, I tagged you on my Friday post. Play along if you want.

Belle said...

I agree with everything Momx2 said. The Jennifer Hudson role puzzled me as well. As far as #3, I have used the "1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children" since my boys were 3yrs old and it still works to this day. The title is cheezy and the video is oh-so-cheezy, but the results are amazing. When out in public, if one of them acts up, I simply hold up one finger and they stop. No yelling or fits. If they do get to 3, however, the most precious thing in the world to them is taken away for a week...the x-box 360, and their world collapses. They will avoid having that taken away from them at all cost. Find whatever is dearest to them and use it. Good luck. Those 3yr old tantrums are draining. ;)

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Belle- I need to find that book! Fast! Thanks!

Kristen said...

He's moved out of her apartment? I thought they were the cutest couple...off to google..(pathetic I know!)