Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tasty Thursday- Cranberry Streusel Pie

I've been making this pie more Thanksgivings than not since I found it in my November '98 Southern Living. It's very simple and has a sweet and tart taste that has made it Mr. Pink's favorite! Since Thanksgiving is one week from today I thought I'd post this option to add to the standard pumpkin and pecan pie staples.


CRANBERRY STREUSEL PIE

1 refrigerated piecrust (I've used a frozen crust as well)
2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1/4 butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp all-purpose sugar

-Fit piecrust into 9-in pieplate and crimp around edges.
-Stir together cranberries and next 4 ingredients and spoon into piecrust.
-Whisk together egg, butter, 1/3 cup sugar and flour and pour over cranberry mixture.
-Bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins. Reduce temp to 350 degrees and bake 30 mins.





3 comments:

Kelly Aline said...

I was asked to bring a dessert to my friends' Thanksgiving dinner and I had no idea what I was going to do--I think I know now! Thanks!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Kelly Aline- thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy the pie!

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

That sounds yummy and I just bought some cranberries this week!