Monday, November 7, 2011

Family Hike

It was a great weekend here in NC. Firstly, my beloved NC State Wolfpack shut out the UNC Tarheels (and it was our 5th win in a row against them). Awesome! Secondly, we went with the cub scouts on a 3 mile hike starting at the NC Museum of Art. It was beautiful weather (60's). We did come across a copperhead on the trail. I am so thankful someone else saw it first and rerouted us so they could get him off the path. I would have screamed or either wet my pants if I came across him first! Yikes!!








The thing I liked about this hike is that there was outdoor artwork along the way. There was even an outdoor hut that the kids went into and a small hole in the ceiling helped reflect tree images on the walls...or something like that. I stayed outside. It looked a little too claustrophobic to me! Plus who wants to be trapped inside with that many cub scouts and possibly more snakes! Anyway, I'd definitely do this again. I love getting out this time of year when it's not too hot and not too cold.




What did you do this weekend?





No comments: