Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Still here. Post visit post.

My brother and his wife came to visit us last Thurs-Sunday. We had a lot of fun. Friday I took them to the minis' school and we surprised mini#2 and ate lunch with him. Those kindergartners asked a thousand questions. Then we went to NC State University to show her around (she's from Bosnia). My brother enjoyed seeing his dorm room again and we posed for photos at the Bell Tower. We then ate lunch at Mitch's Tavern- a university landmark (and appeared in a scene in the movie Bull Durham for people as old as me that remember this film). Back to the school to pick up the minis in carpool line. My brother REALLY enjoyed that. "You do this EVERY day??" he asked me pitifully.

That night we all went to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then to get frozen yogurt. Mr. Pink took the minis home afterwards and I went with my brother and sis-in-law.....shopping....at Marshalls. Do you know they have Lacoste beach towels? So cute.

Saturday was just crazy. Mr. Pink and mini#1 were involved in cub scout activities all day. So bro and wife got to accompany me to mini#2's baseball game at 9:00 a.m. Starbucks afterwards, more shopping, a neighborhood festival at lunchtime (cookout/bounce houses) and then mini#2's final soccer game. It was a scrimmage against the parents, but Uncle filled in since he played soccer for years. Sis-in-law and I died laughing because my brother said he was not taking it easy on those kids! He almost kicked a ball in a girl's face so, after I yelled at him, he toned it down. He got his one perfect goal and mini#2 scored 2 so all were happy. If we hadn't done enough Saturday, we decided to go bowling!! Sis-in-law had never done this. We had fun, but were all exhausted afterwards. I whipped up spaghetti for dinner (turkey meat!) and after the kids were in bed, we watched a movie. Next day, brunch at the golf club and then they were back on their way to my parents' house in Charlotte. They leave for DC on Saturday for a few weeks so we may try to fit in a visit there because they leave for Sweden on June 17 for 3 years! So, if you're still here, here are a few pics from the weekend.















mini#2 and my brother with matching footwork!









Hope your week is going well!!












1 comment:

Kristen said...

looks like a great visit! Quick but filled with lots of fun activities!