Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sleep?

First of all, thank you all for your kind words and thoughts regarding Mr. Pink and our loss. We are doing fine. The funeral was very special (ok the old man I didn't know hugging me and and saying I hugged like an 18 yr old was a little bizarre!!). Going on vacation right afterwards has been a blessing.

However, our vacation has had a bit of drama. I thought we would stay up late and sleep late. Isn't that what vacations are for? Well Monday night mini#1 woke up at 12:30 throwing up for about 10 minutes! I think he just had way too many hushpuppies at dinner. Do you northerners know what those are? Fried, greasy heaven and you get to dip them in whipped honey, cinnamon butter...I digress. Yes, throwing up violently until there was nothing left. FORTUNATELY, he made it to the bathroom and didn't mess up floors or sheets. After that, nothing....thank goodness!

Fast forward to this morning. Mini#1 came in our room at 4:50 a.m. to say that mini#2's wheezing and coughing had gotten worse. It had and the nebulizer wasn't helping as we hoped when it started yesterday. He sounded like Froggy from The Little Rascals (for those of you that remember this ancient show). So I'm calling the insurance company at 5:00 a.m. for hospitals we can go to. And, thankfully, Mr. Pink already put his clothes on and ended up taking the sickly kid to the emergency room for treatment. I went back to bed and they came home at 8:00 a.m. Mini#2 declared "we were there the whole night!" It was funny.

Other than that we are still enjoying 80 degree cloudless skies for most of each day!
Sun, pool, ocean, lazy rivers...it's just what we needed! Hope all is well with you and your families.

1 comment:

Preppy Mama said...

Oh you poor thing! Well I hope you get some time to relax. So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and hope you all can get some rest!