Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New discoveries






While on vacation my kids discovered a few gems on TV. They watched these two shows every morning before we headed out to the beach for sun and fun. They loved them! And it brought back memories for me, too although these two shows weren't my absolute favorites (Dare I say that about North Carolina based Andy Griffith!) growing up. Don't you miss the good wholesome shows? No bad language, no trashy clothes, obedient children, parental role models, etc etc. What had happened in the last 30-40 years? REALITY TV that's what!!

So what were your favorite shows? In 70's I loved Family Affair, I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke Show, Laverne and Shirley and The Brady Bunch. Wait...and Hazel and The Waltons. 80's- probably Facts of Life was my fav. I miss these shows! Don't you?

2 comments:

Kate said...

I love showing the kids old tv shows...netflix has many good ones available. They both love the Pink Panther cartoons & Little House on the Prairie:)

Jill said...

I have been a TV junkie from the beginning of time. One of my very first TV memories is watching I Love Lucy with my mom at 10am every weekday morning (before I started school). My older brothers were alreay in school and neither she nor I were early morning people. So she'd make breakfast for us and we'd eat in front of the TV. It was always the best part of the day. Later on I loved The Partridge Family (I pretended I was married to Keith Partridge), The Brady Bunch, and I did love Andy Griffith. Andy looked a little like my daddy.