Monday, November 2, 2009

Ah, to be a kid again.


This is what you do on the day after Halloween if it's cold, rainy and you have nowhere to be.
We went from a nice 77 degrees on Halloween to a breezy, dreary 57 on Sunday! The minis gathered various pillows, portable TV and videos, a zoo of webkinz and a great deal of Halloween candy and made a house under my dining room table. They were even having lock downs. It was funny listening to them play. Lock downs because mini#1 had a practice one at school last week.
It reminded me of when I was little and used to do the same thing under a hall table at my house. Only I played office and created masterpieces out of various art supplies I had. Watching them made me want my minis to forever feel this protected and unconcerned with the problems adults encounter on a daily basis. No stress, no worries. Just pure fun being a kid. This weekend had a lot of these moments. Halloween allows for a lot of fun pretending to go on and brings back a lot of good childhood memories don't you think?

No comments: