Saturday, November 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of (not so little) babes...

As I write Mr. Pink and the minis are off to the NC State football game. I am going to a baby shower and am glad to have some "girl" time. The above shirt is one I bought from the Kelly's Kids catalog this year so mini#2 could wear to NC State games. Hello- it's red/white. Perfect!
I laid it out last night for him and he said "It's going to make me nervous"...to be translated as "It's going to embarrass me." I assured him it's a great shirt to wear to the game (as opposed to the worn out football jersey I hate). This morning he didn't grumble too much, but I was in his room as he put it on so I had to contain my hysterical laughter when he seriously said, "I look like an idiot!" Again, I assured him he did not and it's perfect because it's red/white. Then I raced downstairs to advise Mr. Pink that he better praise said shirt when mini#2 comes downstairs. Luckily he did by saying, "Wow! That shirt is awesome!" And, although mini#2 may be a mature 4, he is still very gullible. He grinned with satisfaction and that's all it took to happily ride off to the game in his new shirt. GO PACK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the shirt! Go Pack!

Kristen said...

that is too funny! My 5yr old is very concerned with his appearance.... he's very nervous that he looks silly!

Jill said...

ha! I honestly was stunned when my 3yo BOY suddenly became so picky about clothes. Thought it was a girl thing.