Monday, July 27, 2009

It's Monday, again....


What a fun-filled weekend! Dinner with friends on Friday night was super fun. Yummy paella, sangria, dessert. The kids entertained each other, albeit a little loudly. So now R, if you're reading, I'm ready for another girl's dinner and movie night, leaving all of our boys behind!

Saturday we headed out to the lake with 2 boats and had a great time. We always find a secluded cove to swim in and lunch. I had to pull Mr. Pink so he could ski, which always makes me nervous. Something about a boat not having brakes maybe??? Back home by 3:30 where we quickly showered, changed and went to a neighbor's house to cookout. Don't ask what time we got home. I'm embarrassed to say, BUT we did make it to church the next morning. I took a dessert. It was good and simple made with ice cream sandwiches, reduced fat cool whip, hot fudge sauce and crushed frozen Snickers. Yummy. You're loving that I threw in reduced fat cool whip aren't you? Every bit helps I always say! My friend made something similar the night before with Andes mints and Oreo crumbs. Also very yummy. I love refreshing, summer desserts don't you?

Fast forward to today. I'm making dinner for a family with a new baby, cleaning house, doing laundry, going to drop off some books at the library, and throwing an impromptu Bachelorette Finale party with two neighbors. We always talk about the shows via Facebook or email afterwards each week so I thought it would be fun to have them over tonight for the big ending where Jillian is SURE to find TRUE LOVE. Whatever.

So I must leave this computer and get back to work! And did I mention, I leave in 3 days for Mommy's Beach weekend with 10 other slightly haggard moms who magically all pep up once we hit the beach sans minis!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

a beach weekend with no kids sounds amazing!

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Fun weekend!!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

What a great weekend. What is your recipe for the dessert? Sounds like a good one to add for a quick dinner when guests drop by.

Jill said...

OMG - didn't even realize Finale was tonight. I have not watched one single show but can't miss the Finale. That beach trips sounds heavenly!