Monday, December 29, 2008

Football and more football



Are you tired of football yet? We were extremely happy about the San Diego Chargers' win last night. Phillip Rivers, their quarterback, was our star QB at NC State. As I type we are watching NC State play Rutgers in the PapaJohns.com bowl (at least we qualified for a bowl albeit an unheard of one). The score is 10-6 in favor of the Wolfpack, but it's still early.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. We did. However, my mother-in-law had to go to the hospital last Tuesday. She had developed a blood clot so she was unable to be here for Christmas morning. We went to see her though and then headed to Charlotte (just kids and me) late Christmas morning to see my parents and brother. My mother-in-law is coming to our house sometime today. She is so weak and not eating again so I am nervous about handling all of this. We'll get through this and, hopefully, she'll be able to enjoy some time with her grandsons. We don't know how much longer it will be. The doctors are estimating 6 months, but we think that is best case scenario. This is all very sad. It's a huge, scary responsibilty for us and it's tough when young kids are around. Keep us all in your prayers.

*Update: The Wolfpack lost a tight game. 29-23. Oh well. Just a house full of sad faces right now.

7 comments:

yusufyusuf said...

Nice blog...

Happy New Year..:)

Hold My Hand ! ©

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have to go through all of that, I will keep you in my prayers.

I am not much of a football girl, but its pretty hard to avoid it here in the South. I am happy the playoffs are starting.

Mags said...

I'm so sorry about your MIL. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Pink in a sea of blue said...

I seem to have a male reader from Turkey on 1st comment. Um. That's strange.

Jill said...

So sorry about your MIL. Hope your Christmas was memory-filled and good in many ways, though. What's with the **new reader** up above??? ha!

Jill said...

So sorry about your MIL. Hope your Christmas was memory-filled and good in many ways, though. What's with the **new reader** up above??? ha!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year!