Saturday, January 28, 2012

Award Winners!









Today we had the annual Pinewood Derby with cub scouts. My boys had a fine showing with their wooden cars. The "blue flame" car above was my 6 yr old tiger cub's and it came in 3rd place for originality for tigers and FIRST place for SPEED. He was so proud. I was really surprised his won the speed award! My almost 11 yr old webelo made the key lime pie design. It looks so real. Sand for the crust. Turned out really cute. He won 2nd place for craftsmanship and FIRST place for originality. It really stood out among the others. The kids love this event and racing their cars against the others. And, since placing, both cars will compete in the district race for their first place categories. Way to go my cub scouts and Mr. Pink. Mr. Pink leads BOTH kids' dens this year! Talk about a commitment. Mondays are crazy around here when they both have meetings that he leads.




Enjoy the rest of your weekend!






2 comments:

Jill said...

Yay! Fast and creative! Can't beat that. {PS- this reminds me of the one time my poor brother did the pinewood derby and my dad just nailed the block of wood to the wheels. ha!}

Pink in a sea of blue said...

That's hilarious Jill because there were a few painted blocks of wood there today. If I had to make one it would just be the block of wood...with some glitter and sequins. Ha!