Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Something I love






For as long as I can remember I have loved my babies' hand "dimples". It shows their youth and is, in my opinion, one of the final reminders of their "babyness." With mini#2 I have been asking to see his dimples every time it crosses my mind for fear of them disappearing without me knowing. He'll proudly hold up his sweet hand for me to see and make sure they're still there. Then I go and kiss those sweet dimples. He likes this game we share. I took these two photos unbeknownst to him as we were riding home from somewhere recently. I looked back at his 6 year old body in his booster seat (that will also be a thing of the past before I know it) and almost teared up with mixed emotions when I spied those fading dimples. While it's so wonderful to see your children mature and leave things behind, sometimes it also stinks for moms...emotional moms that is! But, until those dimples disappear, I've love them and kiss them as often as I can!










1 comment:

SKBPINKGREEN said...

Awww! That is so precious. I would do the same.