Sunday, August 7, 2011

My heart is heavy...



Friday this earth lost one remarkable, sweet, loving, generous, simply incredible mom and wife. She left behind her devoted husband, her 10 yr old daughter and her 6 year old son. Her kids are exactly my kids ages and her son and my son were in preschool together for two years. She was a room mother more years than not. She threw fun birthday parties for her son. When you passed her in the elementary school hallway she offered an enthusiastic hello and a genuine smile and stopped to chat. She spoke to my son when she saw him at their new school. She was invested in her children's lives and radiated her faith from the inside out.

She did not expect to be diagnosed with a brain aneurysm in May. She had hoped an experimental procedure done in June could save her life. She was slow to complain during recovery though dizziness and fatigue took over this active mom's life. Even on Friday, her final day on earth, her journal entry was upbeat though she admitted it being a "dizzy day." And then she had a hemorrhage and passed from this life into her next in heaven.

She did not want this life to end at 42, she had things to do and kids to raise and I am heartbroken. My own mom's mom passed away from a brain aneurysm when my mom was 12; her mother 36. I know what my mom missed and what this woman's daughter and son will miss. I ache for them right now. I have hugged my children and shared (more than usual) my unconditional love for them. I commend this woman for "cramming" so much of herself into their lives in too short of a period and hope the memories and teachings she left behind never fade from their minds. I hope they find peace and comfort and somehow find a way to start each new morning the way she would want them to. She, unknowingly, has challenged me to strive to live life to the fullest each and every day and to be half the mom she was... Well done sweet, sweet lady.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

so so very sad... I'm sorry for such a loss

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

I am so sorry. You just wonder why.

SarahCate said...

To hear this just breaks my heart. My mother's sister was 38 when she too died of an aneurysm. Much, much too young.
Your friend sounds like an amazing woman- I am sure all the wonderful memories you & your friends have will help hold this family and give them comfort in the years to come. You are all in my prayers.