Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last week

For most of last week we divided our household and went our separate ways. Well Mr. Pink and mini#1 went away. Mini#2 and I had a stay-vacation at home. Mini#1 and daddy went to the NC Mountains for fun and bonding. They had a fabulous time and mini#1 is still talking about their adventures. I thought I'd share a few of their pictures.

They saw beautiful mountains....


and skylines...











They saw (harmless) bears....



They bumped into real Cherokee indians.... (don't you love the preppy one on the right?)





They went to an outdoor drama one night where they learned more about the Cherokees.



They rode in a funky "Hamster toy" as mini#1 described this....




They went rafting 2 different days on this...in a 2 man "duckie" (kayak/canoe)....





Then they met up with some of their cub scout den and went tubing down the river one day. A lot of nature, history, and water sports. We're already talking about all of us going back one weekend. The only sour note of the trip you ask???? Mr. Pink lost his 15 year wedding ring while rafting that first day on the river!!! But mini#1 tried to lighten up the situation on the telephone with me by telling me he found a $20 bill where you turned in your life jackets. I told him we'll put it towards a new ring. No, I'm not that cruel people.


Stay tuned for tomorrow's recap of my time spent with the other not-so-mini.












No comments: