Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday- stay-at-home mom style



This could be my family and, yes, they do smile when I make chocolate cake, but only after the minis fight over who gets to lick the beater with the most frosting. And I don't think I've ever worn a dress to bake. Just saying. So today I'm keeping it real as a 39 1/2 year old (I so hate that 1/2 these days!)and posting REAL things I am thankful for on March 4, 2010. This is my space. This is my list.



1- My push-up bras.
2- My muscle class instructors. (Except Laura. She's evil.)
3- My concealer stick.
4- The hours of 9:15-12:15 Monday through Thursday when I'm mini-free and somewhat sane.
5- Self-tanner. Winter, it's been fun, but I'm losing interest in you.
6- That I can happily walk down the baby product aisle and not have to stop.
7- Pinot Grigio (don't worry, only 1-2 nights a week! I drink red the other nights. SO KIDDING!!! Couldn't resist.)
8- That we have graduated from playgroup so I don't have to host any more.
9- Mr. Pink's job. This should have ranked a lot higher!
10- That my minis love me and thank God for me every night even on the days I feel like my daily mom progress report shows "needs improvement."

So, be honest, what are you thankful for today? If you've never commented, please do.

3 comments:

AEOT said...

Love all of these!!! Currently I'm thankful that this pregnancy is going as well as it is. B/c I work in healthcare, I'm constantly afraid of things that "could" happen even though it's been perfectly fine so far.

Thanks for this post. I needed to read some of these things - going through lots and it makes me think of lots of things I have to be thankful about. I really need to post this and get it off my chest but it's hard to not always be positive sometimes. I don't want to have people see me as a negative person- I truly am blessed in so many ways.

The Mrs. said...

I am thankful for patient hubby, having a passion to pursue, and not having a pregnant tummy anymore!!!!!

Angela said...

LOL, I am sure my sis will agree with your list. : )