Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

That's what day it is at preschool today. We mixed and matched mini#2 into a "What Not to Wear" frenzy this morning. They all looked so cute in their crazy attire!

Today it's been one year since my mother-in-law passed away from pancreatic cancer. I would post a picture, but am having to use our laptop instead of the pc which appears to have a virus. Ugh! Mr. Pink took off early this morning to go be with his grandmother today. A tough day for them and for us. Her battle with cancer seemed so long and sad and this year seems to have flown by without her. I hate all of the things she has missed in our lives, but am grateful that she is pain and cancer free today!!

In my quest to find new things to do for myself this year I have finally tried two things I have always wanted, but was hesitant. Yoga and Pilates. I want to work on flexibility. Now I've only taken a class of each, but have to say that I enjoyed Pilates more. And I even stayed for my regular muscle (strength) class afterwards yesterday and am typing comfortably right now. My "core" (the word trainers love to use) is sore though. Both are fun, but yoga was a little boring to me. Maybe I need to try a different class. Anyway, who out there tries either of these and what's your favorite?

Third grade is kicking my butt, too. Now mini#1 is bringing home EOG (end of grade) homework packets to work on in addition to the other homework requirements. As if getting my highly distractable child to do existing homework wasn't challenging enough!! But, he's doing well in school (behavior included I can safely say!! Woo hoo!) so I'm happy.

Ok, and the Bachelor. Tenley or Ally I think are my favorites. Who is yours? He's weeding through these women quickly isn't he? So much drama as usual.

Ok, got to go pick up mini#2! Au revoir!

1 comment:

KriskropMemories said...

Sorry for the tough day, these anniversaries can definitely be tough.

The Bachelor - Ally has been my favorite for him from the start but I don't know he's a bit of an odd duck, hard to tell who he will end up with.

Cheers