Thursday, June 11, 2009

I did what?

I actually got up at 7:15 this morning, put on my running shoes and went running on the beach. In all honesty, I ran for a quarter of a mile and then walked (semi power walking) for a long time, but I did it! It was nice being by myself, listening to tunes and seeing the beach wake up. Do you do this? Frankly, I'm surprised I woke up at all because we took the minis to ride the rides last night and they didn't get to bed until 11:00!!! But, we are on vacation and I remember the thrill of the rides at the beach as a child. Mini#2 was thrilled to ride the big ferris wheel. Mr. Pink not so much. We both were a little queasy on that one! Mini#1 and I rode the roller coaster and I may need an appt at the chiropractor when we return, but, all in all, we had a very good time and they slept well. I just now hear them waking up. It's 8:57!! Ok, off for another day of leisure. Meeting two friends for dinner later. Will be fun! Have a good day!

3 comments:

Tippy said...

When we were in FL 2 years ago on vacation, I walked to the beach early one morning and *sat* there watching the pelicans dive for breakfast. It was so peaceful and only a handful of people jogging/walking on the beach. I myself didn't get off my bottom and run, but I can see how it would be fun! I just love the beach, no matter what time of day.

Have a great time tonight with your pals!

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

Sounds like a perfect compromise ~ a little quiet time for yourself and time for the family. I think you've got it all together. ;)

Jill said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Funny about the rides. I get so woozy from motion that I can't even swing at the park any more...getting worse with age. Enjoy the rest of your stay!