Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Starting to feel it.

You know. The ever present stress that inevitably creeps its ugly head into your holidays. In the shower this morning I was already making my mental grocery list for Thanksgiving. My parents, my brother and my mother-in-law will be joining us for Turkey Day. However, one arrives Tuesday, one arrives Wednesday and two arrive Thursday. I can handle entertaining, but in waves like that it gets a little tricky. Who sleeps where, what do we eat each meal, do we go out to eat on Wed? Then sprinkled into the fun we have a preschool "feast" on Monday (making those yummy chocolate chip cookies), a US president project due on Tuesday and classroom volunteering on Tuesday. You know the normal chaotic life of a mom.

And, while I mentioned it, I may or may not have had to send mini#1's teacher an email last night requesting that project's information sheet again. And I may or may not be calling the cable company today to pay my bill via phone because I couldn't find that bill last night either! Jeez. When did I become so disorganized? Hey, but give me credit. At least I know the cable bill is due tomorrow thanks to my trusty bill spreadsheet I keep. I just can't find the darn thing. Yes, and one day I will resume bill-paying online. Just haven't done it yet! I think I need two more hands, a few extra hours in each day and a little more quiet in this house. Then maybe I'd return to my calm, cool, collected pre-mommy self on a regular basis! Tell me I'm not alone ladies.

3 comments:

Tippy said...

I'm not hosting Thanksgiving so I feel relatively calm now. But I am hosting 14 adults & 4 children for Christmas day and I've already been making list upon list. And did I mention I'm terrified? Because that's a lot of people to make dinner for and my house is TINY!

You are not alone, but somehow I'm guessing you are more organized than you give yourself credit for. ARe you making every dish or is your mom helping you? Enlist help, even if it's giving Mr. Pink all the menial tasks!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Mom- Yes, my mom and dad are helping, thankfully. 18 people at Christmas plus Santa has to come? Now, I'd definitely be over the edge with that. I hope you have help, too! Good luck and don't volunteer next year. :)

Belle said...

I hear ya sister.