Friday, September 19, 2008

Five on Friday

Here are five things this Friday that I'm liking...



1- These cute red patent flats I found in SOHO last weekend....in PAYLESS! The window display full of surprisingly cute shoes drew us inside and I had to have these. I don't know why I was surprised though. Clemsongirl showed us her Payless green patent flats in the spring so I bought those last April. Same brand and extremely comfortable!





2- Bare Minerals makeup. My mom got this makeup for me for Christmas (ULTA) and I have gotten so many compliments on my makeup over the past months. You have a glow about you when wearing it.




3- Kozy Shack Creme Caramel Flan. I have a sweet tooth. I love creme brulees and flans. This is so yummy. Try it if you haven't. So good. I promise.





4- That song, "Closer" by Ne-Yo. Not only the song, but his dancing. Did you guys see him on Ellen the other day? He tried to teach her his moves after he sang this song and she almost had it. I love watching hip hop dancing. Watching being the key word!



5- The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond. Such a good book. Eloquent writer. Her writing reminds me of Jodi Piccoult. This is such a touching story. Read it. You won't be able to put it down. I love a book that makes me ponder its meanings a long time after I've put it down.
Have a nice weekend!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Did you like the Year of Fog?

The writing style was nice but I found the book predictable and unrealistic. Plus, the ending was kind of depressing.

-E

Belle said...

I was going to ask you if you liked the book. I haven't read it. Is it very depressing? I just can't read depressing things. I MUST try the caramel flan. It sounds so good. I love Kozy Shack puddings.
Have a great weekend!!

Pink in a sea of blue said...

Belle/Prep-e Yes, it is kind of depressing book, but it makes me less depressed. Ha! I was a little sad at the end, but knew that things had to end in that manner after going through the events in the book.