Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Par-tay!!!

I helped at mini#2's holiday party this afternoon. This is part of my "job" as a mom that I love.... I love being there, helping them, hearing their comments, seeing their smiles, cleaning up their messes! Because we are on a year round school calendar, (thus why a party on Nov. 28 because they are out for 4 weeks beginning Fri afternoon) he is on a track of 2 classes so I know all of these kids since I've been volunteering since kindergarten. I loved hearing them say, "This is the best day ever!" I remember being excited about my school parties, too. I, however, did not adore having to unwrap individually wrapped candy canes given to me from sticky icing hands. Ha!

These kids are getting so big. Second grade is a little bittersweet. They are teetering on the edge of childhood and all that Christmas is to them. I really plan to milk Santa for all it's worth this year. Mini#2 already said he is going to ask Santa if he will take him for a ride in his sleigh so I am safe, I believe, for a while longer. Heck, he's the only one in the house that will help me decorate for Christmas, too. I just want him to believe forever....

And I must say, it is a real toss up between which art project wins for messiest- this year's milk carton gingerbread icing house or last year's glitter/glue pine cone Christmas tree. Wow. Who thinks of these crafts that we love to hate???

2 comments:

Barrett said...

I miss those days of volunteering! I am at Barrett's school (NRCA) twice a month and that is it. When all three were in school I was there all the time.

However, things do are good now, just different. I met #2 after classes (State) today to go look at a used washer and dryer set. I had to help #1 through a tummy virus and she is in nursing school at UNC. We also made an offer on a car for #3. She turns 16 in January.

They always need us, just in different ways.

Pink in a sea of blue said...

I hope my boys always need me (and not just our wallet). That school is not too far from us in WF. I've heard great things about it. Can you believe O'Brien is gone? I was at the game Saturday- his last. Were you?