Friday, July 6, 2012

Our 4th!!











Our 4th was really fun this year. The only thing missing was mini#1 who is away at boy scout camp this week. My parents came into town and the night before we decorated mini#2's bike so he could be in our town's kids' parade ay 10:30 a.m. on the 4th. We had never done this and I always wanted to with the kids so I figured I better do it this year before mini#2 loses interest. My parents and Mr. Pink sat in chairs along the shady historic district while mini#2 an I were in the parade. It looked like a Southern Living spread. There easily were 300-400 kids/parents on foot, bike, wagon or skates! And a ton of spectators, too. It was fun (HOT!) but, if we do this again next year, I'm riding one of the kid's scooters! I had to run after mini#2 a couple of times. As you can see I also snapped some photos of the beautiful historic homes along the parade route. One even had a party on the lawn afterwards, but we weren't invited. Ha! That's ok. We came home and ate grilled chicken, corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, 3 bean salad, deviled eggs and watermelon. Yum! We walked to the top of our street later and had a prefect view of our town's fireworks. Gotta love not having to get into traffic to see the fireworks. But I really missed my big boy...a week is too long! What did you do for the 4th?

1 comment:

Kate said...

How fun! I love town parades. The kids always look so cute!