Monday, July 9, 2012

If it's this hot you might as well...





GO BACK TO SCHOOL!! Yes, today was the first day of school for my year round kiddos. We had a 5 week "summer" in which we had a week of runner's camp and a week of boy scout camp for mini#1.  Mini#2 had a week of soccer camp and they both went to a week of VBS (Vacation Bible School). We went to the beach twice for day trips in addition and had a visit from my parents. We've been busy!

I have been emotional about mini#1 today and last week. Not only did I have my first week ever without speaking to him while he was at scout camp, but I sent him off to middle school today. I was really ok about it (although hope he remembers to bring home all of his homework books daily!) until I took the last picture above. I rode along this morning for drop off since Mr. Pink usually takes them. We dropped off mini#1 and he immediately started walking with a friend. Then we looped around to the middle school (right in front of our elementary school) and mini#1 was getting a little nervous. I reassured him and he let me take the above picture before he turned away and I closed the door as he commenced another new stage in his life. And I got choked up and teared up unexpectedly! It hurts to feel like that. You feel a little helpless as a parent. I can't wait to hear about his first day. I pray that I remain "cool" to him for as long as possible because talking to this kid like I do is one of the best things about being his parent.

And we're off to the pool after school (please be no homework the first day!)...because, yes, it's still hotter than hot here in NC!

No comments: