Monday, July 2, 2012

Funny and not-so-funny

That was funny. And it has been hotter than hot here. This weather on the east coast is wild. High winds, hail, states without power, extreme heat in the 100's. I think relief is in sight though. I hope!

Not-so-funny. Last night mini#2 got chewing gum stuck in his hair. I've been a mom now for 11 yrs and this is the first time this has happened! Yes we stopped for frozen yogurt last night and the 7 yr old put gumballs on his and when he went to brush his teeth and try to pull the sticky stuff off of his teeth he ended up getting it stuck in his bangs! And his hair was still damp from his shower. He quietly came in to show me and he looked like a hot mess. At first I freaked a little, but then went and got the peanut butter out and smeared some on the trouble areas. Then I combed it out (alongwith a bit of hair I might add). He yelped a little, but we both survived. And he had a second shower of the evening to de-peanut butter himself. Mr. Pink tried to capture this life moment on film (that's an obsolete term now!), but mini#2 was having none of that! I'm just glad we didn't have to pull the scissors out.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'll have to remember the peanut butter trick for future needs! :) Glad you didn't have to turn to scissors!

Kate said...

Thank God for the peanut butter trick! My sister put gum in my hair (on purpose) when we were little. Fun times ;)