Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


My leprechauns had green shamrock pancakes and green milk for breakfast. We skipped church today (shhhhhh. Don't tell anyone.) and put on all the green we could find and hit our local greenway for a run. Mini#1 and I are going to run a 5K together in May. We have two layers of green on above. I shed the first green shirt after a mile. Mini#2 rode his scooter which wasn't the best idea as the greenway was busy today and he just can't stay right of traffic! We finished 3 miles and then took mini#2 for a haircut. Hope you all are enjoying a fun-filled St. Patty's Day. One of these days I want to make it to the Raleigh St. Pat's parade, but, alas, soccer always seems to interfere with us being able to attend!!

Speaking of soccer. While talking to a friend of mine in the soccer parking lot yesterday, I watched one crazy (or just frazzled) soccer mom in a silver minivan back into another soccer mom's black minivan. OUCH! It was a really bad crunch resulting in a really bad dent. AND the hit minivan was parked RIGHT BESIDE my 6 month old SUV. (No offense. Pink will NEVER drive a minivan). Talk about a close call. That might have been my early luck of the Irish!

No comments: