Saturday, February 16, 2013

I can't keep up...

With this blog or the weather! Right now, as I type, it's snowing great big flakes and has been since I left the gym this morning at 10. This is mind boggling to us here in the south. Yesterday the kids were playing outside in short sleeves in 64 degree weather. Go figure.

Speaking of the gym. I have been 18 of the last 19 days! Go me. That is rare. I usually go during the week, but if no indoor soccer game for mini#2 on Saturday a.m., I love going to the 7:45 cycle class followed by 9:00 Pilates class. And 5 people couldn't do cycle this morning because it was full! I also have to chuckle during Saturday pilates class. This is when the occassional men will attend. Two are regulars, but first timers really don't know what they are getting themselves into. They think it's an "easy" class and then they struggle. It's a serious ab workout and really stretches you out, which I love and need. Just wish my wrist would cooperate. I am officially getting old because I had to buy a wrist band for one that's giving me a nagging pain.

Ok. What else. Valentine's Day. We stayed home. I cooked steaks, twice baked potatoes, fresh green beans and made this super yummy frosted brownie recipe. I know these had to be the same brownies my sweet grandmother used to make. You frost them about 10 minutes out of the oven so the frosting settles in and sets up nicely. We ate on fine china in the dining room. I bought cherry limeade bottles from World Market for the (not-so)minis. It was fun. The day before I was running around town looking for a Valentine's Day gift for my 6th grader to give to his "girlfriend." I bought her a simple silver pendant necklace with her initial on a disc. I found the non-mushiest card I could to go with it! Ha! She liked it. He came home with multiple stuffed animals from the girlfriend and another girl. Oh my! And I cut their sandwiches into hearts for the lunchboxes. We started off with family breakfast/gifts/cards. All was good in the Pink house.

I think we're off to a 2:00 indoor soccer game. If we're snowed out, I'll watch the 2:00 NC State game.

Enjoy your weekend!

Pink

1 comment:

Kate said...

I don't know why but so far 2013 has seemed way busier! I feel like I barely have time for blogging now. I am trying to keep up but haven't been commenting as often as I would like

Good for you going to the gym daily!

Sounds like your son is already a ladies man ;)