Monday, December 24, 2012

The final countdown


Merry Christmas to all of you. After a busy day yesterday of cooking, baking, shopping, going to church, going to a cycle class, wrapping presents, working on a scrapbook gift and doing laundry...it has been a more relaxing Christmas Eve. Oh, and I must have been crazy to let the neighbor spend the night last night. Those boys woke up at 5:30 a.m. (but I only heard them at 6:30). This morning I made carmelitas, sausage balls and a potato casserole to take to my parents' house tomorrow after Santa time and presents. But this afternoon we've relaxed and watched The Nativity Story and had hot apple cider. I'm marinating steaks for an easy Christmas Eve dinner and still deciding if we are going to church tonight since the service yesterday kind of covered the same subject. You know?! I think we'll take a spin around the neighborhood to look at the Christmas lights instead. So that's my day. I hope you all have a wonderful evening and Christmas day tomorrow full of smiles, laughs and love. Be merry! (Finally I can smile and relax a little myself). Oh, and the best part of my day tomorrow???? Finally meeting my nephew who just turned 8 months old. I anticipate a lot of happy tears once I finally have that little guy in my arms!

2 comments:

Barrett said...

Merry Christmas!!

Spent the day getting things ready to take to my dad's tomorrow in Fayetteville after our family Christmas tomorrow morning.

NO church for us tonight. The traditional services times didn't work out for our dinner cooking schedule and #2 (Brooke) worked until 4:00 at Moon and Lola and we didn't want to rush her. She wanted some Christmas Eve time at home.

Let's get together in 2013!!

Kristen said...

my gosh your boys are getting sooo big! Happy Holidays!