Monday, March 28, 2011

ABC's of Me

We're back. I'll post about our fun time in grand old Colonial Williamsburg, VA soon. We had soccer and baseball this weekend and now I'm doing loads of laundry (as in tons of laundry) so I can repack for a quick trip to Charlotte to see my parents for a few days. We leave Wednesday. And the minis return to school next Monday. Woo hoo!! Here's a cute post I'm "borrowing" from Happily Ever After. If you decide to do it, let me know!

A: Age: 40 and holding!


B: Bed size: Queen. Gets crowded when mini#2 makes a guest appearance!


C. Chore you hate: folding laundry. I'm teaching the minis to do it!


D. Dogs: none and getting a lot of pressure to get one!


E. Essential start to your day: brushing my teeth and putting contacts in.


F. Favorite color: green


G. Gold or silver: a little of both, but mainly silver.


H: Height: 5’6"


I: Instruments that you can play: flute.


J: Job title: Domestic engineer. :-)


K: Kids: 2 lively boys


L: Live: good 'ole south in North Carolina


M: Mom’s name: Sherry


N: Nicknames: Don't really have any. I was called "accessory lady" by my friends in college.


O: Overnight hospital stays: When I was 12 I spent 5 days in the hospital after a tennis ball was hit into my eye (after lessons one day). Knocked my sight out temporarily. My pupil did not dilate on its own for about a year, but sight was back to normal. Birth of 2 kids.


P: Pet peeve: slow people driving in "fast" lanes. Potty seats left up, writing a lot as "alot" or you're as "your." I'm sure I could think of more, but that's good for now.


Q: Quote from a movie: "Oh, my giant blue head" (Megamind) "Get that pamper off your head and put it back on your sister" (Raising Arizona) "That's gonna leave a mark." (Tommy Boy) "Stage 3 Clinger" (Wedding Crashers).


R: Righty or lefty: lefty


S: Sibling: 1 younger brother


T: Time you wake up: if kids are in school I'm up at 6:45am, if not, or on the weekends, I'm up by 8:00 a.m.


U: Underwear: You don't really need to know about this do you? I do wear it though!


V: Vegetables you dislike: beets.


W: What makes you run late: my kids.


X: X-rays: just normal ones at the dentist these days.


Y: Yummy food you make: One mini likes my beef stew (Paula Deen recipe), one mini likes my chicken and dumplings (friend's recipe) and Mr. Pink loves a cranberry walnut pie I make every Thanksgiving/Christmas.


Z: Zoo favorite animal: Monkeys and gorillas!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm gonna steal. =)

Marilyn *Pink Martinis and Pearls* said...

How fun to read. Nice meeting you ... again! :) xoxo

Kristen said...

very fun! Glad you played along!