Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Musings.

1- I am a Downton Abbey addict. Love this show. Do you watch? I wasn't surprised last night though. I made the stupid mistake to read about the shocking event on wikipedia a few weeks ago!

2- We survived the weekend and all of the "weather." Kids got out of school 4 hrs early Friday for snow/sleet and then today it was delayed 3 hours for expected sleet that I never saw. Anyway the ice on Saturday made it a little crazy for us. My parents drove into town Fri morning (my mom was mini#2's mystery reader in his 2nd grade class Fri. BIG SURPRISE to mini#2.) and were planning on attending the cub scouts' Pinewood Derby and mini#2's indoor soccer game on Saturday. The ice postponed the Derby and both events were at the same time. UGH! So Mr. Pink took the car and raced it while the rest of us headed to the soccer game. I still don't think mini#2 knows his car finished last in speed for the Wolf den. All he cares about is the big 1st place trophy for creativitiy Mr. Pink brought home. His car was a wake board with boots on top and a ski rope. Cute.

3- My friend and I went to see "Silver Linings Playbook" last night. I really liked it. Have you seen it? But I don't seem to agree with everyone about Jennifer Lawrence's performance (SAG last night). I think Bradley Cooper's performance was much better and Oscar nomination was deserved.

4- I didn't go to the gym Fri/Sat/Sun! AND I couldn't go to my normal 9:30 cardio class this morning because of the school delay. I was starting to feel withdrawals! Ha! I did go later this morning and did the eliptical machine for an hour while I read Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand. Back to toning class tomorrow. Ahhh.

5- Do you have Super Bowl plans? We've been invited to a party at a friend's house. I need to hit Pinterest for some cute appetizer or dessert ideas. GO 49ers! I bought mini#2 a t-shirt from Amazon to wear to the party. Not investing the big bucks in a jersey because we really pull for the Chargers and the Seahawks. He has been a semi-49ers fan for a couple of years now.

Hope your week goes well!

No comments: