Saturday, June 2, 2012

School's Out...

My ex-5th grader will officially be in middle school in 5 weeks (year round school)! He won the Spirit King award at his very last pep rally on Thursday. He was so happy. I think his giant poster proclaiming it was his "LAST CHANCE" helped them select him out of pity. Ha!

Both boys finished the year with PERFECT ATTENDANCE. Last year, too for both and the year before for mini#1!! Year round school seems to help with this because mini#1 was sick over one track out, but he doesn't get sick too often. And, mini#2 suffers from seasonal allergies/asthma, but I was able to administer breathing treatments at school this spring. So I am pleasantly surprised at this accomplishment again this year... I am so glad school is OVER. These last two weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y busy!!

We're off to the beach tomorrow for a day trip. Then we return to a week of a baseball tournament to finish out the season. But, as always, there are additional activities overlapping on 3 of the 5 nights. Ugh!!! We'll work it out somehow.

I hope everyone is off to a good start to the summer!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I wish I was close enough to a beach to do a day trip! So jealous! Every time I hear you talk about year round school I feel like I want it even more out in this area!