Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chick Flick

Friday I decided to treat myself to a movie while the kids were in school. I went to see "The Vow" with Rachel McAddams and Channing Tatum. It was so good. I cried. Channing Tatum was such a sweetheart and oh so easy on the eyes at the same time! If you haven't heard about this movie, it's about a newlywed couple who are involved in a car accident, wife goes into coma, comes out of coma with no memory of their lives together or how they met. I could not imagine living like that. Can you even imagine that happening? Or watching a wedding video or reading wedding vows you wrote and having no recollection of the event or sentiments? Blows my mind. And not just from her point of view. The husband. What about him? What a strong person he had to be. When you think about it, this is very similar to someone suffering from Alzheimer's while family members have to slowly endure losing the person they love. It was a very touching movie and having popcorn for lunch wasn't too bad either!

No comments: