Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Mom, can I have 2 nickels?"

Above is the receipt mini#2 handed me at a beach store we always visit (snagged a few Vineyard Vines' polos for $23 each!). It's a store that's half souvenir crap the kids love and half nice clothing. While I'm looking through the VV, mini#2 asked me for 2 nickels. I told him I didn't have 2 nickels, but handed him a dime explaining that it's the same amount. I asked him why he needed this money. He said he was going to find something to buy. I laughed and said good luck. As we're checking out he handed me his receipt and I died laughing looking at it and asked him what he bought? He opened his hand to reveal a single Hershey's kiss! Notice it was $.11. They threw in the extra penny tax I guess since they knew Mr. Pink was clearing out their Gitman Bros. oxfords and some VV thrown in as well. Or maybe it was his cute toothless smile. I guess mini#2 showed me where there's a will, there's a way!


No comments: